Tuesday 26 January 2010

Lovely Day

Had a really lovely day today, had a visit from E today. Managed to catch up on all the gossip and just generally chat. I ended up on oxygen though as I suddenly couldn't breathe and my face started going south! E's used to it now so she just asked if I was tired. I was tired but as I explained to her if I get in a bad way when I'm having fun I dont care! Its when I wake up crappy I get really annoyed.

We taught E how to play poker today! I have the feeling she could get quite mercenary if there was money involved! We just need to convert S now and we could have litte poker tournaments! It was hard going for me as I kept losing the plot and not remembering which cards I had and what cards were winning hands. Really good fun though, even with the oxygen concentrator chugging away in the background!

I emailed Oxford today to ask if the blood tests had come back as its 6 weeks now. Hopefully I will get a response soon. The physio department at the local hospital contacted me today for the stress test as Ive had to put it off again. The physio was really lovely and very switched on. Couldn't understand why I was being given oxygen at home but had no respiratory consultant and that no investigations were taking place. She couldn't understand why the GP thought there would be an issue with the PCT. She is going to contact the Respiratory Consultants secretary and ask if he will refer me to London or at least write to my GP to see if he can push things along. So at last something maybe happening.

Talking to the physio today restored my faith in the people that work in the NHS. That there are people that actually care and will do their best for a patient.
What a lovely day ......

No comments: