Wednesday 24 February 2010

Oh Well!

Its been a bit of a mixed bag over the last few days. My ptosis is still not resolving and my facial weakness is becomming more pronounced. Ive spent quite a bit of time on oxygen and my legs are definately weaker. My neck is also playing up and I'm finding it difficult to keep my head up. Ive tried using the collar which my sister has loaned me but for some reason its pressing on my windpipe and making me feel quite uncomfortable. So no real change in my condition.

I spoke to C at Oxford, a lovely lady. I rang and left a message on Monday and within 24 hours she had got back to me. She has given me a plan of action regarding my admission and confirming my bed. I now know who I need to call on Sunday evening and if that doesn't work I'm to call Monday morning and I'm not to set off until the bed is confirmed. Shes also told me what the planned activities are regarding my stay. She also told me if I have any problems off the mestinon like my breathing goes haywire I'm to take it and not worry.

We had a good laugh also about how notoriously difficult it is to get any blood from me! She's so proud of herself that she got it first time last time I saw her. Most nurses who regularly take blood take at least two attempts to get a vein. The national blood service asked me to no longer darken their door years ago after taking 45mins to locate a vein only for it to clamp up after 100mls! (did the blood donations before I was sick). The national blood service take blood all day every day 7 days a week so I must be difficult! The most attempts to get a vein was six by a student Dr. It doesn't hurt me when they do it, I just dont like them digging around inside my arm with a needle when they've got it in the wrong place! CG suggested we tattoo a cross above a spot that's known to yeild!

Ive also been sent paperwork today to renew my ESA, they actually only pay my national insurance, I don't qualify for any benefit from them due to my medical pension. My condition has actually worsened so it should be fine but you never know, I may need to go and have a medical. I have until the start of April to complete it so I am waiting to see what the hospital admission reveals before completing it.

Laughed my head off yesterday and I mean to the point of tears! All because my husband actually screamed whilst playing Alien v Predator on the PS3. The reason he screamed was because an alien jumped out on him. He was truly terrified. I did try and point out that it wasn't actually real but that didn't go well!

I follow another blog called sleeptalkin man, it is the funniest thing on the internet. However if you don't like swearing don't read it! This guy called Adam talks in his sleep and his wife records it and puts it on the internet. Tears run down my face when I read it! It makes me laugh so much and brightens up my day every day. So if you need a laugh take a look!

No comments: