Saturday 22 January 2011

Bed Rest

Thought I would just let you all know that after 30 hours of bed rest I am just starting to feel human again.

All I did to get in this state was a trip to the local hospital 30 Min's each way and just under 2 hours in the hospital. Oh and I forgot two nights of very little sleep due to insomnia! So actually it isn't that surprising!

Its taken this long for my heart to stop going into spontaneous bursts of tachycardia - even though I am lying in bed not moving.

I asked my husband if he told anyone at his work (I used to work there too) that they had actually diagnosed me with POTS now. His answer was "yes, but I only bothered to tell the people that genuinely care about you and me. " He said a couple of them had heard of it but were now going to google it to gain a better understanding of it.

Those people are true friends, they don't just listen but they act on what you tell them, to understand what the condition is and to see if there is anything they can do to help. That is the very definition of a friend. Thank you as it means so much to both of us.

Its just a shame that I have now got to start settling down to try and get some sleep now that I feel so much better!

Night Night xx

No comments: