Wednesday 13 July 2011

Update from the garden Part 2




Thought I would just finish up the update on the garden. As you can see the Marguerite has probably tripled in size over the last few months. I'm pretty impressed with how well its done.




I like low maintenance plants so I have a few ornamental grasses in the garden. They add a bit of colour and drama to the garden.

These are my strawberry plants - minus strawberries, lobelia, begonia's and broom. So there are splashes of colour throughout the decking. As you can see all of our garden is in containers as we have decking throughout the back as the garden was very sloped and had clay like soil. Not really dog friendly or making keeping the house clean that easy!

9 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Rachel .. lovely - loved the marguerite .. and the fact you've got decking .. it does look relatively easy ..

Thanks for showing us .. cheers for now .. Hilary

Rachel said...

I love the splashes of color against the aged grey of your fence and decking! So very pretty, it must be lovely to sit outside and enjoy with the pups and hubs!

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Yes we are very pleased with the containers this year as its been really low maintenance. Just have to dead head the margeurite occasionally.

I had to decide that I couldn't manage the garden like I used to. It just shows what you can do with a few old pots and some cheap bedding plants!

Thanks
Rach

em said...

bit of colour in the garden, makes the day cheerful. pretty marguerite. x

Rebecca Bradley said...

I absolutely Love your garden! I only have a lawn for my back garden, I'm not particularly green fingered, but I really do like what you have. I think I may have to rethink the no plants issue I have :)

The Myasthenia Kid said...

thank you everyone for your kind comments.
Sorry I haven't updated my blog for a few days haven't been brilliant health wise.
I have a hospital appointment and will probably update you after that.

Rach xx

Clover! said...

Everything is so beautiful!!! I would love to have a garden. I need one in my life., Then you could tell me how to make it look nice!
xoxoxoxox

The Myasthenia Kid said...

LOL clover! I do not have green fingers and usually end up killing the plants. Just been lucky this year!

Clover said...

I think it's more than luck <3