Thursday 30 September 2021

21st Wedding Anniversary

As Mr Myasthenia Kid is on holiday this week, I have decided to write the blog post early and share some never before seen photos from when we got married over 21 years ago now.

We got married in Sri Lanka, I had never wanted to get married abroad but sadly the wedding I wanted ( small no more than 50 people, registry office, small, intimate reception back at my family home ) was declined by my family. They however did give the very wedding I had wanted to my sibling 7 years later. Doing all the things that they point blank refused to do with me, with her. They must have thought I was brain dead or stupid because I never gave them any sort of reaction. But it hurt me deeply and is one of the countless reasons why I have had to cut them out of my life. There is only so many times you can be abused by the people who are supposed to love you, until you eventually walk away.

Anyway we had a spectacular holiday and wedding in Sri Lanka. If you have never been I can highly recommend it. The hotel that we stayed at is still there just under a different name 




The screen shots are from Saga Holidays which is the company I found that is using this hotel. When we went to Sri Lanka we went with Kuoni who no longer use this hotel sadly. Having had a look at the photo's it has had a massive re-model and looks amazing.

It was Mr Myasthenia Kid and mine first holiday abroad together, it was the first time I had been on a big aeroplane. It was also the first time I had been abroad without my family. It was incredibly daunting but we made lots of acquaintances and we are still friends with the people we asked to be our witnesses at our wedding.

So here are some photos from our wedding and the holiday. It feels like a life time ago we were 26 years old and look like babies! It was also back in the days where I won't say I was well but I could function well enough to work and have holidays abroad. This was also the holiday that the palm reader told me that my life would change dramatically when I was 30. At the time I laughed it off and he was 3 years out but bugger me did he see something?


After the wedding ceremony making our way back to the hotel on the back of an Elephant


Watching the local dancers after the wedding ceremony

Posing for photographs as the register is completed.

Making our way to the part of the hotel gardens where the ceremony will be held.

Waiting for us to start the walk to where the ceremony was going to be held.


Just after we were declared man and wife

Our first proper photo after we had got married.

Back at our hotel room after the ceremony


On a day trip to the Portugese Fort at Galle Sri Lanka


Mr Myasthenia Kid enjoying the hotels pool.



Both the above photos were taken at the Sea Turtle Conservation place just down the road from our hotel.

I hope you have enjoyed the photos as much as we have enjoyed our little trip down memory lane.


No comments: