Tuesday 12 April 2011

In agony!

I thought I would give you an update on how I am doing today after my adventures yesterday. It's not good.

I partially dislocated my left hip last night, although it pinged back into place immediately after popping out, I think it has damaged the tendon's and ligaments. I knew it wasn't going to be a simple go to sleep and wake up with everything back to normal, due to the fact I couldn't weight bare last night.

I ended up taking Tramadol, diclofenic and paracetamol and all it did was take the edge off. I couldn't get comfortable in bed and ended up getting up at 2330. No position was comfortable so I tried to distract myself with sorting out some photographs to send to my grandmother and writing an accompanying letter. I've had about an hours sleep in the last 24, I actually don't feel too bad but that could be the sheer amount of medication floating around my system.

As my GP doesn't work Tuesdays I am waiting to see how I get on with the pain killers. If it doesn't settle I will ring the practice and ask to speak to the duty Dr. I don't want another sleepless night due to pain.

I have been trying to keep as mobile as possible so that the joint doesn't become stiff and thus make the problem worse. However every movement is just amplifying the pain. So until I get the pain under better control I have gone to bed with my electric blanket on to keep the joint warm and I have a hot water bottle on the top of my thigh. Warmth is definitely lessening the pain, its just finding a position I can tolerate that is the issue.

Its the first time in a few years that I have popped a joint, well a big joint. Its usually my knee caps that I do - excruciating! My fingers and toes dislocate daily and spontaneously pop back in, that doesn't actually hurt that much, its the big joints that do.

So fingers crossed I can settle the pain and try and see something on my husband on his day off. Frankie is on guard duty as he knows mummy is poorly! Fast asleep at the end of the bed.

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hope things are improving .. can't really say more - Hilary

Ellie Garratt said...

Oh, bird! I missed yesterday's post, so I didn't know about this. There is NOTHING worse than pain and not being able to sleep.

Sending you big virtual hugs.

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Thanks Hilary and Ellie.

I slept last night, think I dropped off by 8pm.

The pain level has dropped a little, but the joint is very stiff today. I am avoiding bending down as I all I did was bend and lean to the side.

Sitting is what is causing the most pain, so having to lie or stand.

Just waiting for Dr J to ring to see if he has any ideas re pain control.

Thanks so much.

(((((higs)))))