Monday 11 April 2011

Houston we have a problem!

Houston we have a problem and oh boy we certainly do! Its very unusual for me to post twice in one day and its nothing to do with the fact that I am only 5 views away from hitting 950 views of my blog. I started this in 2008 and up until February this year I had only 400 odd views! I take part in a movie blog fest and I am getting over a hundred views per month.

I would just like to take the opportunity to say hello to the person or people who keep stopping by all the way from Iran. I hope you found something useful or entertaining on my blog and you haven't been repeatedly visiting me by accident!

OK back to Houston, I thought I would enclose a link about the now famous phrase before continuing...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_we_have_a_problem

This afternoon I was stranded on my bedroom floor for over an hour. Hubs was at work, I had gone upstairs for a rest. After my rest I decided to pluck my eyebrows as they had become a little like Dennis Healey's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Healey (just in case any of you don't know who he is! He was famous for his extraordinary eye brows). To make the best use of the light I sat on the floor with my mirror on my bed. All was well until I went to get up and found I couldn't move my legs and I had no strength in my arms. It actually made me laugh - weird isn't it. Hubs wouldn't be home for several hours and although I could have called my neighbour I didn't fancy his chances against the dogs as they can be very protective when I am sick (well sicker than normal). I didn't need the loo which could have been a big problem. So I did what any girl would do in this situation......I started plucking the stray hairs on my blonde moustache, I mean who knows when I would get such good light again and why waste the opportunity? Thankfully after an hour I could move again, but I just don't know why I couldn't move to get up off the floor.

Everything was fine for several hours and then I had just gone in the kitchen and bent down to get something and there was an almighty clunk and severe pain. My left hip had slid to the point of coming out the socket and then just slid back in again. This immediately sent my lower back into spasm with me screeching in agony unable to move. My joints have been a little floppy today, my ankles have been rolling over and my knees have been sliding around a bit too much.

 Hubby immediately started to apply his very hot hands to my lower back and gently massaged the area. I was in a state of shock normally he would panic, but he was so calm, he just kept applying his hands and then gently eased me up into a standing position. As I was hunched over the kitchen counter top. He stood directly behind me using his body as a support for mine. It was absolutely fine until he said "I hope no one can see us" as to a casual bystander it could look quite rude! I was in absolute fits and it was enough to make me completely relax the muscles.

So I am now tucked up in bed with my left hip throbbing and lower back randomly spasming. Electric blanket is on and painkillers have been taken. Yep I had to take the dreaded tramadol, if its still bad tomorrow I will contact the Dr and see if I can get some diazepam to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam    to relax the muscles.

Sorry I have gone a bit mental with the wiki links at the moment!

3 comments:

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Yay 950 views of my blog, thank you very much xxx

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hiya .. sounds challenging to say the least - I know next post coming .. but for this one .. what can I say .. with thoughts .. Hilary

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Thanks Hilary xxx