Thursday 24 December 2015

Merry Christmas 2015



I promise this will be a short post, as like many of you the run up to Christmas is chaotic in our household and I am fully aware that today's post will be published on Christmas Eve.

This years Christmas celebrations will be a more subdued affair due to my crazily ill health this year. The stress Christmas is inducing is causing what feels like a constant barrage of Meniere's attacks. I wouldn't mind but the only source of stress is the pressure I am putting myself under. I am hoping in 2016 I learn that things don't have to be perfect because perfect doesn't exist in reality.

The week leading up to Christmas is always quite a lonely one for me. Friends and family are wrapped up in their own celebrations / plans (as they should be) and hubby is enduring 12 hours days in the 7th circle of hell also known as retail, in the lead up to the big day. Those extra three hours of him at work impact me greatly as by the time he gets home he is fit for nothing and he just wants to get to bed, so he gets some sleep ready for the next day. So company is a bit thin on the ground.

I try my best to keep on top of things at home, so that he doesn't have lots of jobs to do between shifts. I am lucky in the fact that unlike many he doesn't have to work at all for three days over Christmas. I am mindful of the fact that many of you will be working and don't get that luxury. I hope at some point you get to put your feet up.

Hubby and I will be spending the time with our three mutts. Willow is recovering well and her fur is now starting to come back thick and fast. She still resembles what my friend Heather said "an Ikea rug" but we are hopeful by the end of January she will have all her fur back. We are looking forward to spending some time together alone for the first Christmas in quite a few years.

This is the last blog post of 2015, it's been a crazy year but it has had some wonderful highlights.

I hope 2016 is kinder than 2015 has been to many of you and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. 





The happy in his work Christmas Elf!





He preferred this costume Emperor Palpatine for Star Wars Day






Merry Christmas!

No comments: