Thursday 8 February 2018

Quick Post

Sorry this will just be a quick post this week.
I have been waiting for inspiration to strike but it must've
taken a holiday and forgotten to tell me. I have no clue
what to write about, so I will just give you a quick
rundown of what has been going on here at
The Myasthenia Kid HQ over the last week or so.

Mr Myasthenia kid was on holiday last week so
we cracked on with doing the decorating. The lounge
has needed re-done for a while and we have been
putting it off and putting it off. The paint has been
sat in my bedroom for about two months but we just
didn’t have the energy or motivation to do it.
The last week was Jay’s last week of holiday until April.
Our new sofas arrive next month and I really didn’t want to
be decorating around two new sofas. I will be honest it nearly
killed the pair of us. It was divided over 4 days as not
only did we paint the lounge but we also did the little
hallway upstairs. I only do the small bits I can manage
but my back, hands and wrists have been playing up ever since.

I also upgraded my sewing machine last week,
I had a cheap Lidl one which was great when
I first started but it was starting to limit what I was
able to do. Button holes were a nightmare a 5 step
process, this machine is just choose which one
of the nine buttonhole designs you want and off you go.
I will admit it is taking some getting used to but I
love the top loading bobbin and the needle threader
so much already. I can set up my machine in no time
at all. I have been a little frightened of it if I am honest,
so much so Jay practically forced me onto it today, saying
“you’ll never feel confident with it if you don’t use it”
which is very true. I had been avoiding using it  
(as much as I had used the previous machine).
Now I hope to sort myself out and get to grips with it .

Here are a few bits that I have made over the last few weeks.

Bag - buttonholes done on my new machine





I also made these Harry the Hares


I have also made quite a few Hot water bottle covers



Mollie cuddling up to one of the hot water bottle covers
I made for myself.

3 comments:

Carleen said...

Love your creativity! Our dogs cuddle up with yarn balls, batting, etc..Aren't they funny like that? Nothing like crafty materials to snuggle up with for a little nap! Enjoy your new furniture and sewing machine. Sorry to hear about your dear Pam. Hugs
Carleen

Anonymous said...

Love your creativity! Our dogs cuddle up with yarn balls, batting, etc..Aren't they funny like that? Nothing like crafty materials to snuggle up with for a little nap! Enjoy your new furniture and sewing machine. Sorry to hear about your dear Pam. Hugs
Carleen

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Hi Carleen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and reading my blog post. Its always appreciated xx

Thank you for your kind words regarding my sewing and the loss of my dear friend Pam. It has been an awful time lately. We will be attending her funeral next week, I am not looking forward to it as at the moment I can pretend she hasn't gone. After the funeral I can no longer kid myself.

Both my dogs are terrible hot water bottle thieves. The minute your back is turned your seat is taken and the hot water bottle laid on. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks again
Rach xx