Thursday 10 January 2019

Taking a break

I said in my last post of 2018 that I would be resuming normal service from today 10th January (2019). However it is with a great deal of sadness that I have to break the news ( for those of you who don't follow me on social media) that I lost my beloved nurse Frankie on 29th December 2018.

We knew his health was declining but we thought we would have at least another 6 months with him. Unfortunately he suddenly became very unwell, both Jay and I agreed that to keep him going now would be for no other reason than we were too selfish to say goodbye. 

We saw the vet and discussed it with her and she was in full agreement. She praised us for our ability to take the emotion out of the decision and do what was best for him. Despite the fact that hubby and I were bawling our eyes out, we knew that Frankie had to be put first.

I am completely bereft. I now know what the term grief stricken actually means. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. Although we still have his mum Mollie who is 14, she is Jays dog, my nurse Frankie is gone.

So for this reason I am going to take a break from blogging for a bit. My heart is just not in it. I hope to be back at the end of January but if I am still not feeling it I will take as long as I need. 



In Loving Memory of
Frankie Morris
07/10/06 - 29/12/18





Just a week later Mollie suffered a stroke and sadly passed away a week to the day her son crossed Rainbow bridge. The pain we both feel is immeasurable, to suddenly find ourselves with no dogs after having them for nearly 16 years, is devastating.  We are totally lost. The last week has been one of the most painful in my life.

We donated all the dogs food, treats and supplements to a local group helping families in need - usually caused by being switched over to the controversial benefit Universal Credit. These families have been forced to use food banks but they do not provide food for pets. We hope by donating what we had we help keep someones whole family together. To lose a pet not through death but due to the fact your circumstances have been reduced to the point where you can't afford to feed them must be so psychologically damaging. It gives me a Jay some hope that despite our pain we may have done some good.


In loving memory of
Mollie
November 2004 - 5th January 2019 



So for this reason I am going to take a break from blogging for a bit. My heart is just not in it. I hope to be back at the end of January but if I am still not feeling it I will take as long as I need. 

2 comments:

Carleen said...

So sorry to hear about this. I can't fathom it...big hugs🤗🤗

The Myasthenia Kid said...

Thank you xx