Thursday 6 August 2020

Short and sweet

I am keeping things short and sweet this week as I am really feeling quite rotten at the moment. I

The good news is I managed to go from Wednesday last week until Monday this week without a migraine. The sumatriptan worked well and halted it. I did ensure I rested for several hours rather than power through as I had done the week before as that seemed to bring the migraine back after two hours. Despite the pain of the migraine being removed I was left with a bad headache and feeling exhausted. I have noticed as well that I am getting a lot of gastrointestinal symptoms when I am having migraines and they can hang around for  a few days following the migraine. It is like a mixture of IBS and adhesion pain all rolled into one. I ended up missing dog training on Tuesday as I had been utterly wiped out by the migraine and my abdomen was incredibly painful. I  was running on empty and I just couldn't put a brave face on and pretend that I was ok. When I felt like I was going to hurl or have the shits at a moments notice, especially as there are no toilets at the dog training centre.

I am gutted that I missed the training session, thankfully the lady that runs it along with her husband very kindly sent me lots of videos via Facebook chat ( used to be messages ). Which made up for not seeing what they were doing. They had a brilliant training session and I am so very proud of them both.

Today ( Wednesday ) I have woken up with the same IBS issue and waves of nausea again. I also have vertigo which is just fucking super! Like I needed anything else added into the mix. It couldn't have happened on a worse day as I had an electrician here for 90 minutes to fit an outside electrical socket as we are getting a hot tub this week ( fingers crossed ). The hot tub has been purchased as a) we have wanted one for around 17 years and b) I need it in the ongoing battle to relieve the terrible muscle spasms I have. We got rid of our bath over ten years ago and I miss it. Not enough to get another one put in, although the thought has crossed my mind more than once! I found it difficult to climb over the side of the bath without assistance  when having a shower. I wish that our bathroom was big enough to have a separate bath and shower but hey ho it isn't. So I am hoping the hot tub will help when I have awful muscle spasms and nothing else will help. It will only be up during the summer months ( that's the plan for the moment but that may change).

I had to get up at 5am this morning to ensure I had enough time to sort myself out without killing myself. It has now just gone 11am and I am fighting the strong urge to crawl back to bed. Dembe is on the sofa beside me snoring his head off. He decided that he must guard his mum when the electrician was here, so all his bum hair went up and he was a bit barky! Im quite jealous of the fact that he is asleep!


 Due to the fact I am feeling so awful, as I said in the title of this piece I am going to keep it short and sweet.


No comments: